Oregon State University Beaver Store Tackles Rush Hour Checkouts with DS4800 2D Handheld Point-of-Sale Bar Code Imaging Scanners
September 24, 2014
Stylish, fast and accurate checkouts enhance the shopping experience for fans and alumni
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Sept. 24, 2014 – When the Oregon State University (OSU) Beaver Store upgraded its point-of-sale (POS) scanners, store management chose the Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) DS4800 series imager for its personalized high-tech ergonomic design, scan speed, accuracy and efficiency during demanding rush periods.
The OSU Beaver Store, located across the street from Reser Stadium in Corvallis, Oregon, processes tens of thousands of transactions at its 50 cash registers during a typical game-day rush. When lines reach out the door, even just a few seconds saved on each transaction can help maximize sales and keep shoppers happy as they check out. The DS4800 series met all of the OSU Beaver Store’s expectations in a new bar code scanner and store associates benefit from the ergonomic, lightweight design and capacitive-touch trigger.
- The OSU Beaver Store customized the sleek DS4800 imager with the OSU logo and colors.
- vRetailers can personalize the “brandable” bezel with unique colors, designs or logos.
- Plug-and-play integration, featuring Motorola’s 123Scan2 2D configuration command code, made it easy for the OSU Beaver Store to install the DS4800 imagers with its existing POS system.
- With the ability to capture 1D and 2D bar codes on paper or screens, the DS4800 imager helps the OSU Beaver Store save time by taking digital photos of codes with a phone or tablet and then scanning the screen to update inventory or capture rebate information.
- Motorola Solutions is the leader in 2D handheld scanning and the DS4800 series is the industry’s first scanner to include a capacitive trigger that allows retailers to select the scanning input modality (tap/swipe/press) that will provide optimal productivity and an enhanced customer experience.
Steve Eckrich, CEO, Oregon State University Bookstores
“With the Motorola Solutions DS4800 imagers, we’re able to scan 1D and 2D bar codes with the highest level of performance for our high-volume checkout lanes. They’re fast and easy to use and look sharp with our beaver logo. We look forward to supplying our other stores with the DS4800.”
Torsten Pihl, IS coordinator, OSU Beaver Store
“Can you imagine, customers noticing and commenting about a scanner? But they do talk about the DS4800. They’re very impressed with this state-of-the-art, high-tech, sophisticated-looking device carrying our colors and branding in our store.”
Pat Glennon, MSSSI Vice President, North America Retail and Hospitality, Motorola Solutions
“The OSU Beaver Store is creating a cohesive customer experience with the contemporary design of the DS4800 branded with OSU’s colors and logo. The leading-edge technology of the DS4800 enables them to quickly and accurately complete transactions at the POS during rush periods.”