New Motorola Solutions’ VML750 LTE Modem Offers Enhanced Features, Future-readiness Across Public Carrier LTE and Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Networks
August 4, 2014
Enhanced LTE mobile broadband device seamlessly falls back from 4G to 3G commercial carrier network , quickly reselects to Public Safety Band 14 for optimal coverage at all times
New Orleans – (APCO, Motorola Solutions, Booth #435) - Aug. 4, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today launched the enhanced VML750 LTE Vehicle Modem, the newest LTE modem supporting commercial carrier 3G/4G LTE (Band 13 and Band 4) as well as public safety LTE (Band 14). Now public safety, government service and utilities have an even more powerful and versatile in-vehicle, broadband tool to enable high-speed data with the priority, control, security and performance required to do their mission-critical jobs more efficiently and effectively.
- The VML750 LTE modem, which has begun shipping, enables automatic fallback from 4G to 3G on public carrier Band 13 LTE along with Band 14 private LTE roaming, ensuring optimal coverage and performance at all times.
- The newest solid-state LTE modem is “ruggedized,” built to withstand heat, cold, rain, humidity, dust and vibration, making it the right choice for public safety, utility and government users looking for an enhanced broadband modem to meet current and future needs.
- With flexible mounting options, the VML750 can be installed in any government or public safety vehicle, including patrol cars, fire apparatuses, ambulances, utility trucks, transit and school buses.
- Applications enabled by the VML750 include video streaming, mobile computer-aided dispatch (CAD), automatic vehicle location (AVL), resource mapping, mobile Wi-Fi access, incident command, license plate recognition, vehicle diagnostics and device management. Other key data applications include photos, blueprints, biometrics, GPS location, reports, email, and record searches.
- The modem can also act as a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 32 clients, turning the vehicle into a wireless hub. The built-in GPS can be used for location tracking and route optimization.
- The range and performance of the VML750 can be extended with roof-mounted external antennas with Multiple-In Multiple-Out (MIMO) configuration.
- Motorola’s “Service from the Start” for LTE devices gives customers fast repair turnaround times, increased help desk support and normal wear and tear coverage. Training courses are also available.
Bruce Brda, senior vice president, Government Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“The introduction of the VML750 is another example of Motorola Solutions’ continued dedication to the national public safety broadband network and our relentless commitment to providing mission-critical broadband communications for public safety, government services and utilities. This new LTE modem harnesses the power of commercial carrier 3G/4G LTE and public safety LTE to deliver fast, reliable data to these users. They are at the forefront of our minds, and they inspire our most advanced thinking and solutions.”