Motorola Solutions unveils technology for safer cities and secure businesses in Africa
Company’s newest smart public safety technology, including apps, devices, infrastructure and future concepts will be showcased at the first Mission Critical Africa event in Cape Town
- Mobile intelligence solutions provide actionable data for public safety agencies, leading to greater efficiency
- Company envisions a future where data driven Artificial Intelligence will take a greater role in public safety
- Visit Motorola Solutions at Mission Critical Africa, booth B40, November 7-8
Cape Town – Nov. 7, 2017 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) will showcase advanced solutions and futuristic technologies for safer cities and secure businesses across Africa at the continent’s first event dedicated to critical communications.
Motorola Solutions’ mission-critical radio and broadband technologies, innovative software applications and future public safety technology concepts will all be presented at booth B40 of Mission Critical Africa , taking place in Cape Town.
Danani Longwe, Motorola Solutions General Manager for South Africa, said there’s a growing need among public safety agencies for critical actionable data. “Emergency services, along with the rest of the public sector are eager to gain advantages of technology to increase safety and efficiency. There is increasing demand for broadband technologies, mobile apps, next generation command and control and advanced security solutions” Said Longwe. “The majority of our customers in the region already understand that access to real-time intelligence is critical for their work”.
“At Mission Critical Africa we will demonstrate a powerful set of software tools that help make cities safer by increasing public safety agencies’ situational awareness and capabilities. Other featured Motorola Solutions devices and apps, enable organizations to work more safely and collaboratively, thus helping their business thrive”.
Tunde Williams, Head of Field and Solutions Marketing EMEA for Motorola Solutions, said the company’s vision for smarter public safety includes use of Big Data and Artificial intelligence for greater efficiency. “The abundance of data along with advanced AI technologies, such as deep learning and computer vision, will play a growing role for public safety agencies. With the help of technology we are moving to an era where we will be able to predict and prevent crime before it happens”.
“Public safety organizations need not only the technology and tools to meet their evolving needs, but also a partner with specialized knowledge and experience to understand their challenges, find solutions and imagine new ways to get the job done” said Williams.
Motorola Solutions’ global leadership in delivering secure and reliable critical communications is demonstrated through recent major milestones. These include:
- A contract to deliver mobile apps, software and services for the FirstNet network as part of its role on the AT&T team selected by the U.S. government to deliver America’s first nationwide wireless broadband public safety network.
- A contract to deliver system integration and next-generation, mission-critical voice and data services for the Emergency Services Network in the UK
- Implementation of the three largest public safety broadband networks in the world, in Los Angeles County, California in the U.S. and in two Middle Eastern countries
- Delivery of leading public safety broadband trials with multiple international police and military forces throughout the world.
Highlights from Motorola Solutions’ technology showcase at Mission Critical Africa include:
- Futuristic Mixed Reality Fire Command concept – The company uses mixed reality technology to enable incident commanders to visualize data in cutting-edge ways. Sensors and devices worn by firefighters automatically record and share data including air supply, biometrics (heart rate, breathing), environmental temperature and “point-of-view” (POV) body worn cameras that capture the firefighter’s surroundings.
- Essential radio technologies including the latest TETRA, APCO P25 and MOTOTRBOTM releases combined with enhanced features including software applications to increase collaboration and simplify workflows.
- Mobile applications for secure messaging, mapping, collaborative whiteboarding and conducting searches.
- A suite of public safety software applications including WAVETM to extend the bridge between radio and cellular networks to team members regardless of the devices they use. Deployable LTE infrastructure for continuous operations, including the LXN500 portable solution combined with mapping, messaging and video streaming maps to pinpoint in-field resources and enable seamless collaboration.
- Command centre solutions including CommandCentral Aware to integrate disparate data sources and CommandCentral Vault for end-to-end digital evidence management including body-worn video.