Motorola Solutions Unveils Next Generation Voice-Directed Solution for Industrial Environments
July 15, 2014
Flexible TekSpeech® Pro can be customized to meet needs of both partners and customers with warehouses and distribution centers
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – July 15, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today unveiled TekSpeech® Pro, an enhanced voice-directed solution that improves the productivity and efficiency of mobile workers in warehouses, distribution centers and other logistics environments. Motorola has bolstered the TekSpeech platform first introduced 10 years ago with a number of technical advancements including a zero-training speaker-independent speech recognition engine and a flexible architecture that enables companies and PartnerEmpower partners to design an end-to-end supply chain solution that meets their specific business needs with a wide selection of mobile computers.
Picking and replenishment processes account for up to 70 percent of operating costs in a warehouse and remain the top priority for warehouse professionals to address with advanced technology solutions that help reduce order fulfillment costs and increase worker efficiency and productivity. Motorola Solutions’ Future of Warehousing Survey found that picking and replenishment solutions during the next five years will see a significant shift (142 percent increase) toward true multi-modal operation and workflows.
- TekSpeech Pro is ideal for core warehouse management applications such as picking, packing, receiving, cross-docking, put-away, replenishment, loading and quality inspection.
- With voice-directed picking solutions, companies can benefit from hands-free mobile workers focused on the task at hand, which can increase productivity and reduce errors leading to flawless fulfillment and improved customer service.
- Motorola’s voice-directed solution provides best-in-class recognition accuracy and requires no speaker training – providing for fast and easy deployments. Users can speak naturally regardless of accent or speed of speech.
- The TekSpeech Pro platform delivers state-of-the-art performance that can be tailored to meet partner and customer needs easily with a rich set of tools that allow users to customize their application, seamlessly integrate into warehouse management systems (WMS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and analyze voice-directed processes to improve workflows.
- Motorola has the widest range of multi-modal devices and accessories that enable speech applications in the warehouse. Multi-modal support enables a more natural and efficient communication environment that allows users to interact through multiple modes of speech, scan, touchscreen, and keyboard input.
- The TekSpeech Pro platform enhances Motorola’s voice picking solution ecosystem, which gives customers the most choice in selecting the solution that is right for them.
Joe White, vice president of Enterprise Mobile Computing, Motorola Solutions
“Voice-directed solutions in the warehouse traditionally have been costly and complex to implement and required proprietary hardware and software. Motorola Solutions is reinforcing its 10-year commitment to this market with TekSpeech Pro - bringing flexibility and performance to a completely open, multi-modal solution that will help partners and customers deploy voice-enabled applications that can improve worker productivity and business profitability.”
Laurent Rouly, logistics director, RETIF
“The real driver behind our business is technology and we have relied on our voice system for production and order preparation operations since 2006. Hardis and Motorola Solutions were able to rapidly deploy and implement the TekSpeech Pro solution during our pilot and the speech recognition system exceeded performance expectations. The production operators that utilized the solution were able to save significant time and maintain their productivity because they did not need to repeat their orders to their wearable mobile computers.”