Motorola Solutions offers innovative expansion of professional radio solutions
- New MOTOTRBO “Capacity Max” trunking* solution expands capacity and capabilities
- Provides customers with easy and cost-effective migration path from existing systems
- Extensive portfolio of applications offer capabilities far beyond traditional voice communications
IDSTEIN, GERMANY – Nov. 16, 2015 – Across public services, utilities, energy, manufacturing and transportation industries, there is growing customer demand for highly secure, reliable and cost-efficient professional two-way radio communications solutions that provide users with the flexibility to expand networks and applications. Motorola Solutions is exceeding these requirements with the introduction of the new feature-rich, next-generation MOTOTRBO trunking solution called Capacity Max.
“Capacity Max builds upon our innovative MOTOTRBO digital two-way radio solutions to deliver enhanced capability and expanded capacity,” said Tim Clark, director, Sales Channel Products and Programs, Europe and Africa. “The rich feature set and increased resilience equips our customers with dependable, mission-critical mobile communications.”
MOTOTRBO Capacity Max also supports the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) standard for multi-vendor interoperability, including the Tier III mode of operation.
FAR BEYOND TRADITIONAL VOICE COMMUNICATIONS
Capacity Max supports the industry-leading MOTOTRBO Application Developer Program where Motorola Solutions has created the largest ecosystem of in-house and third-party applications on the market. The application portfolio offers customers true value-add solutions that have expanded the capabilities of two-way radio far beyond traditional voice communications. Examples include control room solutions that enable efficient management of mobile workforces and automated alarm management that enhances safety and improved response times.
A SCALABLE, HIGHER PERFORMANCE AND LOWER COST SOLUTION
The new MOTOTRBO solution is scalable from small, single-site systems to large, complex projects that demand greater capacity (up to 3,000 users per site) and higher levels of performance from voice and data-intensive communications deployments. Customers also gain greater control through sophisticated management and monitoring tools that optimize the performance of the MOTOTRBO radio communications system.
The simple and efficient system architecture utilises a standard Internet protocol (IP) network with a centralized server – further reducing cost of ownership. Multiple levels of fault tolerance ensures that there is no single point of failure and the system is extremely secure, with optional Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. To minimize cost and operational impact for existing customers, Motorola Solutions has enabled a smooth migration path from legacy analogue and MOTOTRBO solutions to Capacity Max.
A HISTORY OF DMR LEADERSHIP
Motorola Solutions has a long and successful history in the DMR market:
- First to market with a product certified to the DMR standard
- Launched MOTOTRBO DMR-compliant products in 2007
- Delivered millionth MOTOTRBO radio in 2011
- Deployed over 3,000 MOTOTRBO trunked systems by 2014
- The company’s comprehensive DMR portfolio of MOTOTRBO solutions includes portable and mobile radios, repeaters, data applications and accessories, as well as software and services.
Motorola Solutions has made major contributions to the DMR standards and is the only member of the DMR Association that contributed intellectual property to the standard.
* trunking is a method used to increase radio system efficiency. Instead of permanently allocating radio channels to a specific purpose, a trunked system temporarily allocates a channel from a pool of available channels, and only when it is needed. After use, the channel is returned to the pool. Using this method, it is possible to operate a large system with a small number of channels, saving cost and resources.