Motorola Solutions Introduces New PTT Features for Wireless Carriers, Public Safety and Commercial Customers
Release 9.0 push-to-talk (PTT) and WAVE PTT will be showcased at IWCE 2019 along with new products that enable seamless communications for a variety of users
LAS VEGAS – March 6, 2019 – Push-to-talk (PTT) is essential to communicate across extended teams who use a variety of devices on either land-mobile radio (LMR) or LTE networks. Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) is introducing new features to its PTT platforms for commercial carriers, public safety ASTRO® 25 radio users and commercial MOTOTRBO™ radio users.
These PTT solutions will be on display at IWCE 2019 along with new communication solutions such as the MC-Edge to monitor remote sensors and enable automated alerts over ASTRO 25 networks.
- PTT 9.0 — Motorola Solutions introduces PTT 9.0 to provide an extensive set of features compliant with the 3GPP MCPTT standard. Using PTT 9.0, wireless carriers can offer customers new features such as emergency calling, remote monitoring, and location-enabled talkgroups to keep employees connected, informed and safe.
PUBLIC SAFETY CUSTOMERS
- WAVE and Critical Connect — With Critical Connect, public safety agencies can quickly connect disparate ASTRO 25 land mobile radio (LMR) systems for interoperable communication. Adding the new WAVE offering provides Critical Connect customers with a carrier-independent broadband PTT service tailored to meet the needs of mission-essential users with an extensive set of features that enhance safety, situational awareness and operational efficiency.
- Si200 body-worn camera with CommandCentral Vault — Motorola Solutions recently announced the new Si200 body-worn camera. It integrates seamlessly with CommandCentral Vault, the company’s software solution for digital evidence management that enables agencies to efficiently and securely manage content from in-field capture to judicial sharing, in one system.
- MC-Edge — Motorola Solutions’ Mission Critical Internet of Things (MC-IoT) siren alerting solution leverages ASTRO 25 networks to help keep communities safe. It now includes the new secure MC-Edge gateway with a built-in P25 two-way radio. The MC-Edge gathers input from hundreds of sensors and provides early warning for events such as natural disasters to help protect the environment and alert residents. It provides control over siren systems by connecting to Motorola Solutions’ OptiWarn™ mass notification solution.
- WAVE for Commercial — Commercial users have a dedicated WAVE PTT cloud-based platform to meet their business-critical needs. WAVE, along with interoperability with MOTOTRBO radio networks, broadband networks and the WAVE Two-Way TLK 100 radio, provides commercial customers with instantaneous voice, video and text PTT communications to keep teams connected and more productive.