Motorola Solutions Foundation Accepting Applications for Grants to Improve Public Safety
July 2, 2014
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – July 2, 2014 – The Motorola Solutions Foundation, the charitable and philanthropic arm of Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), is now accepting applications for grants to support education and training programs improving public safety in the United States and Canada.
- Nonprofit organizations can apply for programs that provide training to first responders, support the families of fallen first responders, or educate the general public on safety issues.
- Requests can be for grants between $1,000 and $15,000 for local-level programs in the United States and Canada, implemented in late 2014 or the 2015 calendar year.
- Organizations are invited to submit applications online by August 1, 2014. Grant awards will be announced in late September 2014.
- Applications will be reviewed by Foundation staff and the Public Safety Advisory Committee comprised of Motorola Solutions volunteers who have experience with public safety and officer training.
- The grant program is competitive and, due to the large volume of anticipated applications, not all organizations that apply will receive grants.
Matt Blakely, director, Motorola Solutions Foundation
“We are proud that Motorola Solutions’ products and solutions help improve the safety and security of communities around the world. This grant program continues our long history of partnering with the public safety community to help fund programs that improve first responder effectiveness, support the families of fallen first responders and improve safety education for the general public.”