Motorola Solutions Expands
Motorola Solutions Expands Award-Winning APX™ Project 25 Radio Series
March 26, 2014
CORPORATE EDUCATION ENTERPRISE ENTERPRISE NETWORKS AND COMMUNICATIONS GOVERNMENT & PUBLIC SAFETY HEALTHCARE HOSPITALITY MANUFACTURING TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS UTILITIES WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTION ENGLISH LATIN AMERICA NORTH AMERICA
Addition of APX 1000, APX 4000XE and APX Dual Radio extends options for first responders, local utilities seeking advanced two-way communications
LAS VEGAS (IWCE, Motorola Solutions, Booth #5021) - March 26, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced the newest additions to its award-winning lineup of APX™ mission-critical two-way radios. The APX 1000 and APX 4000XE portable radios, along with the mobile APX Dual Radio, bring to 13 the number of ASTRO® 25 radios in the APX portfolio designed with users in mind.
Users like police, fire, EMS, corrections and public works agencies will find a full array of ASTRO 25 features and functionality on the APX 1000 and APX 4000XE portable radios. The APX Dual Radio is the perfect mobile radio solution for public safety agencies wanting all-band operation. These new solutions provide users with Project 25 (P25) Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) capabilities to deliver both voice and data messaging over a single wireless communications
- The APX 1000 is a smaller, value-priced portable radio for utilities, public works and small public safety agencies. The radio features intelligent lighting and renowned APX audio quality with dual microphone noise suppression technology. APX 1000 provides users with P25 TDMA capabilities, including enhanced battery life and advanced radio features and flexibility.
- Motorola’s robust series of APX radios for extreme conditions is rounded out with the APX 4000XE, which targets public safety agencies looking for a cost-effective portable radio designed to work in the harshest environments. This rugged and durable P25 TDMA-capable radio has an enhanced ergonomic control top for simplified use and includes dedicated control knobs for volume and channel selection. APX 4000XE features dual microphone noise suppression technology and supports Bluetooth®.
- The APX mobile radio line is expanding with the introduction of the APX Dual Radio, providing all-band operation that enables monitoring of up to four bands, including simultaneous monitoring of more than one channel at a time using the Motorola O7 Mobile Radio Control Head. Designed for public safety, the APX Dual Radio also features dual and single priority scan technology to provide first responders with the most efficient mobile radio capabilities.
- Earlier this month, Motorola announced another addition to the APX series with the launch of the APX 7000L Multi-Band Portable Radio with LTE, which was designed specifically to meet the evolving technical and challenging deployment needs of users.
- ASTRO 25 is now the most widely used P25 mission-critical voice and data communication network in the world. Combined with these APX radios, ASTRO 25 provides reliable and always available communication for government, public safety and other agencies, including public works.
- Motorola’s Service from the Start for APX radios gives customers fast repair turnaround times, increased help desk support and chemical, liquid and physical damage coverage.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Global ASTRO Products and Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Since the Motorola APX series was launched in 2008, it has grown rapidly to meet the needs of everyone requiring mission-critical radio communications. These P25 TDMA-capable additions to our APX lineup are further examples of how Motorola Solutions is redefining safety for mission-critical users and giving them optimum choice and flexibility. Every feature and function on these ASTRO 25 radios is designed with users in mind, from the rugged, easy-to-operate design, to the loudest, clearest audio. The end result is a robust series of radios providing the right device for the right user in every situation.”