Motorola Solutions adds technology to MTP3000 Series TETRA radios to meet mission-critical demands
- Enhanced two-way radio portfolio brings improved ruggedness, coverage and connectivity
- New MTP3500 & MTP3550 equipped with more public safety functionality such as a “man down” sensor, end-to-end encryption and vibrate alert
- Advanced audio ensures users can communicate clearly in noisiest environments
BASINGSTOKE, ENGLAND, 19th Mar. 2015 – The entire MTP3000 Series of Terrestrial Trunked Radios (TETRA) from Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) are now more durable, with greater audio clarity, and improved coverage and connectivity for mission-critical users who depend on two-way radios for their communications, even in the most extreme environments.
For those in demanding public safety roles, the new MTP3500 and MTP3550 are packed with additional functionality including vibrate alert, end-to-end encryption, and a “man down” sensor to enhance the user’s safety and security.
“The many improvements to the entire MTP3000 Series show our ongoing commitment to TETRA users around the globe,” said Steven Young, vice president, general manager TETRA Subscribers, Motorola Solutions. “From the lone worker to the police officer giving chase, these radios bring the assurance of industry leading audio quality, coverage and performance in a tough, user friendly design that meets a wide variety of operational needs.”
NEW FEATURES AND TECHNOLOGY ADDED INCLUDE:
- All MTP3000 Series radios are now rated IP65/66/67 offering long term durability.
- Better coverage, even at extremes of range and inside buildings, is provided through excellent receiver sensitivity and Class 3L (1.8W) transmit power. In addition the MTP3000 Series now operates in all TETRA regions with the extension of the UHF model to cover 350 – 470MHz as well as 800MHz.
- Exceptional audio ensures users can communicate clearly in the noisiest of working environments.
- Location based services have been enhanced – in addition to improved GPS performance, the MTP3000 Series now provides optional support for the Beidou navigation system for Asian markets and Glonass global navigation satellite system (GNSS) for Eastern European markets.
- Optional RFID tag delivers enhanced inventory and asset tracking. Enables indoor location tracking.
- Should the radio or user fall, the MTP3500/MTP3550 “man down” sensor and application activates to summon immediate aid to the location.
- Bluetooth 2.1 pairing between the radio and an accessory or companion device, such as a barcode scanner or smartphone, enables creation of new collaborative solutions.
- Fast, secure Bluetooth 2.1 can replicate the experience of hardwired push-to-talk (PTT) Motorola Solutions wireless connected accessories. All MTP3000 Series radios can limit access to the Bluetooth link for added security.
- MTP3500 and MTP3550 add highly secure, tamper resistant hardware based end-to-end encryption for users who need enhanced protection of information.
- For discreet or covert communications for public safety operations, the MTP3500 / MTP3550 vibrate call alert function ensures attention is not drawn to the user.
- The new MTP3500 is available in a limited keypad configuration and the MTP3550 offers users the alternative of a full keypad.