Motorola’s New RFID Software Solutions Platform
Motorola’s New RFID Software Solutions Platform Makes It Easy for Channel Partners and Their Customers to Quickly Get Up and Running with RFID
April 7, 2014
ENTERPRISE ENGLISH NORTH AMERICA
SSP 1.0 provides customers with a simple means to collect and transform massive amounts of data into clear and actionable information
As RFID has shifted to a more prominent role across multiple industries, regulations and customer demands are compelling organizations to heighten their inventory visibility and control. RFID-enabled visibility continues to expand along with the need for a simple way to harness RFID data and transform it into actionable business information.
Motorola Solutions’ new RFID Software Solutions Platform (SSP) 1.0 will enable certified PartnerEmpower channel partners to quickly and easily develop and integrate RFID applications into customers’ existing business processes and systems across multiple industries.
- SSP 1.0 is a fully-configurable and scalable platform designed for a multitude of usages, devices and industries – enabling channel partners to broaden their portfolio and markets served and organizations to streamline RFID with one solution for all their devices.
- Channel partners can offer RFID applications that are easy to implement, use and manage with SSP 1.0 - providing customers with a simple means to collect and transform massive amounts of data into clear and actionable information.
- Handheld apps, remote system health monitoring and predefined reports are available right out of the box with SSP 1.0.
- SSP 1.0 offers the flexibility and cost savings of choosing only the components that are needed with either the Visibility Platform or the Visibility and Analytics Platform. The Visibility module of both platforms collects, filters and processes raw data across multiple reader types, seamlessly integrating the information into third-party systems.
- Point-in-time analytics are available as part of the Visibility and Analytics Platform which also includes precise dashboards, reports and event notifications to convert massive amounts of data into clear, actionable intelligence.
- Through 2014, SSP 1.0 will be offered by a select set of PartnerEmpower channel partners who have integrated this platform into their solution set. In early 2015, Motorola expects to broaden the availability of SSP to more PartnerEmpower channel partners who wish to apply to be part of the SSP partner ecosystem.