Motorola Enterprise Press Release
Motorola Solutions Provides Cloud-Ready Wi-Fi Services, Unified Access for Any Size Enterprise
March 31, 2014
CORPORATE ENTERPRISE ENTERPRISE NETWORKS AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGLISH LATIN AMERICA NORTH AMERICA
Suite of hardware & software-based virtual controllers offer massive scalability, new level of simplicity
LAS VEGAS – March 31, 2014 – Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is giving customers more options for wireless local area networks (WLAN) that are cost effective and easy to deploy. The new VX 9000 offers businesses one of the most scalable WLAN cloud solutions on the market while still providing the functionality of Motorola’s robust NX hardware controller. The VX 9000 software-based virtualized controller supports up to 25,000 access points in a single instance and can scale to support multiple instances, bringing a new level of simplicity and hardware independence to the WLAN. Motorola’s new NX 7500 multi-service platform is designed for midsize enterprises and campus environments and offers comprehensive management of more than 2,000 access points. Powered by WiNG 5, the NX 7500 ensures optimal RF performance, speed and throughput by enabling every transmission to follow the fastest and most efficient route to its destination.
The EX 3500 is the perfect complement for a Motorola WLAN, delivering unified access with all of the wired networking requirements for branch and remote office deployments. The economical, standalone solution offers the features of a wired access switch with the advantage of centralized management and standardized policies across both the wireless and wireline network. Motorola also is announcing new security enhancements to its AirDefense portfolio to help detect suspicious Bluetooth® devices. AirDefense’s Bluetooth Monitoring is the world’s only solution that can help retailers be on the lookout for Bluetooth-enabled payment card skimmers.
- The VX 9000 combines scalability with high-performing advanced wireless services, superior deployment flexibility and centralized management of the entire wireless network through a single windowpane. Field upgradable to 10G, the NX 7500 Integrated Service Platform offers a built-in solid-state drive for maximum protection of critical data — including analytics and applications.
- The EX 3500 switch features gigabit ethernet speed and Quality of Service (QoS) to ensure high performance for applications. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support eliminates the need to run power cabling, making installation fast, easy and cost-effective.
- Motorola’s new AirDefense Bluetooth monitoring is a cost-effective, easy-to-deploy solution that can be up and running in as little as a day, improving payment card security without increasing operational costs.
- The WiNG 5 operating system provides the advanced brainpower required to create network awareness for the WLAN, allowing every piece of infrastructure in a wireless network to work together to route every transmission as efficiently as possible
- Motorola’s WLAN Management Service assures performance and availability of business-critical WLAN networks. The service encompasses security and compliance, including rogue identification and threat mitigation; network assurance, which includes troubleshooting, proactive testing and forensic analysis, support for centralized management and policy configuration of Motorola WiNG 5 infrastructure.
Craig Mathias, principal analyst, Farpoint Group
“Given today’s rapidly-increasing need to implement and operate mission-critical, growth-oriented, and high-capacity wireless networks, moving key control and management elements into virtualized and even cloud-based environments is going to see rapid gains in popularity. Motorola Solutions’ new VX9000 points the way to scalable, high-performance wireless IT solutions, with no compromise in functionality or performance.”
Dr. Ing Maurizio Bonmassari, IT manager, Coop SAIT
“Motorola Solutions’ EX 3500 is the perfect wired ethernet switch for unified wired and wireless networks. The technology allows us to remotely stage, configure, monitor and manage the wired EX 3500 through our NX Integrated Services Platforms and provides the simplicity of a single management windowpane for our entire wired and wireless network.”
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“Customers want flexible, accessible and cost-effective solutions when it comes to their wireless networks. Motorola’s new suite of solutions allows businesses to extend their networks into the cloud with the most scalable options on the market, whether it be the VX 9000 or NX 7500. Additionally, the new EX 3500 switch will provide true unified access and standardized policies across both the wireless and wireline network.”