Innovative Capabilities and Design Make SL500 Two-Way Radio Ideal for Managing Safety Operations
Ultra slim, rugged radio with innovative LED display advances public safety in Latin America
Plantation, Florida – May 26, 2015 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) announces Latin America launch of the MOTOTRBO SL500™, a lightweight digital portable radio that provides superior audio quality and unique MOTOTRBO™ features that meet the essential communications needs of businesses.
With a slim and ergonomic design, this radio features an energy-conserving smart display that makes it easy for users to carry it at all times. These attributes contributed to winning the “GOOD DESIGN Award 2014,” presented by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design and the European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
The SL500 two-way radio includes characteristics that make it the ideal device for coordinating safety and security operations. For quick one-handed access, it includes a side volume control, a dedicated power button and a prominent push-to-talk (PTT) button. For example, a school teacher can carry the SL500 to coordinate with first responders in case of an extreme emergency in the school, knowing that help is just one button click away.
- Using digital and analog radio technology, the SL500 seamlessly works with existing communication systems, while providing access to the capabilities of modern digital two-way radios.
- The SL500 features “Range Max” technology, an advanced radio design and patented antenna that deliver enhanced range while maintaining a slim profile and long battery life.
- The SL500’s smart shatterproof “Active View” display uses the SL series’ matrix of light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which provides radio information and shuts off when not in use to conserve battery life.
- Its excellent shielding minimizes dust and particle buildup to help keep the radio cleaner for longer.
- The SL500 has an Ingress Protection rating of IP54, providing reliable communications even in harsh environments, proving it is designed to last.
Enrique Rojas, product manager, Latin America, Motorola Solutions
“The SL500 is portability and simplicity redefined. This slim and light two-way radio is easy to use and rugged enough for everyday communications. It has advanced technology for industries such as education, hospitality and security, which significantly enhances the value of the MOTOTRBO two-way radio portfolio.”