Motorola Solutions will be demonstrating its vision for local government communications technology and where it’s headed at the 79th Annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Conference and Exposition in New Orleans July 7-11, 2014. The annual conference provides an opportunity for all county leaders and staff to learn, network and guide the direction of the association.
Among the speakers at the NACo Technology Innovation Summit session titled “Core Technologies that are Essential to the Safety of County Residents and Effective Functioning of Counties” will be Bill Tunick, Director of Radio/Telecom for Charleston County, South Carolina. With their own 16 tower, Motorola P25 radio network, the county is an integral part of the South Carolina Statewide 800 MHz Radio and Mobile Data System, commonly referred to as Palmetto 800. The system was created after several catastrophic natural disasters, beginning with Hurricane Hugo in 1989, which led South Carolina’s state and local public safety and law enforcement officials to seek out an interoperable communications plan to help their ability to communicate and collaborate between agencies. Palmetto 800 is a cost-shared public/private partnership between state and local governments and Motorola. It includes more than more than 75 transmitter sites involving 750 different agencies.
Motorola took over management and support responsibility for Palmetto 800 in July 2001 and assumed network ownership the following year. Motorola Managed Services helps ensure that the state of South Carolina incurs no infrastructure equipment or maintenance costs. Motorola is responsible for total network support, scheduling upgrades, planning for technology evolution and ensuring that the network will be on the air and available to users wherever they are in the state. In addition, the Palmetto 800 network is monitored 24x7 with alarms reporting directly to Motorola’s Network Operating Center (NOC). System technologists at the NOC analyze the alarms and either resolve the situation remotely or dispatch local field technicians to the site. The goal of the shared system is to reduce costs and improve interoperability for all system users.
Click to read the case study on Palmetto 800 “Ensuring Interoperable Communications throughout South Carolina.”
Learn more about Motorola’s Systems Operations and Management service here.
Motorola Solutions will be in Booth #510 at NACo and will be demonstrating the following public safety solutions:
- PremierOne Customer Service Request (CSR) – Citizens can instantly interact with their government via computer or smartphone, increasing constituent satisfaction. CSR streamlines the process and helps from contact through resolution.
- WAVE Broadband Push-to-Talk (PTT) – This solution was developed to provide a more flexible, capable alternative to proprietary, single vendors PTT options that enable communications between teams of mobile workers. WAVE Connections is deployed on smartphones and tablets and operates over any data or WIFI network from any location, making it the world’s most extensive PTT solution today.
- Systems Operations and Management – A Service Level Agreement (SLA)-defined offering is designed to simplify a customer’s operating environment while optimizing their radio system investment. Motorola operates, manages and maintains ASTRO® 25 systems and services based on key performance indicators designated by the customer for maximum system availability, performance and reliability.
- Real-Time Crime Center – The solution takes inputs from multiple data sources such as video, sensors, alarms, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and records and combines them with data analytics and mission-critical radio networks to deliver one, unified operational view.
- PremierOne CAD – This application streamlines the capture, correlation and real-time distribution of mission-critical information for improved dispatch decision making.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom
or subscribe to our news feed