WAVE Web Communicator is a feature-rich web application that allows any office-based or mobile worker to monitor, transmit, receive audio from multiple communication systems such as two-way radio networks telephones using a browser-based application.
Built using Microsoft’s latest Silverlight technology, Web Communicator can manage more than 20 channels of secure, encrypted audio from inside a web page or application. Using a lightweight proxy to access WAVE processing and management functionality on remote servers, in a hosted environment or as a Cloud-based service, any web browser attached to any network (wired or wireless) can provide access to WAVE-enabled communications. Web Communicator can run in a wide variety of web browsers and applications with an intuitive and easy to use display.
The Web Communicator also has the ability to display presence information directly on a map from location-enabled Mobile Communicators and GPS-supported push-to-talk radio users. This capability is extremely important when it is essential to know where field resources are deployed. When not in use, the web application runs in the background enabling users to manage other tasks while still monitoring audio from multiple channels.
Intended for users who do not have dispatch responsibilities, a Web Communicator runs as a standalone browser application or as a plug-in for web-based portals like Microsoft SharePoint. Each time a user logs off the system, preferences are cached on the machine so that at the time of the next login Web Communicator will open the same way as it was closed. Web Communicator is designed to be easily localized into any language.
WAVE Web Communicator Key Benefits
- Web Communicator users can access many communications channels from any web browser or application
- Users can securely access their WAVE system from any location using a wired or wireless IP connection
- Web Communicator configurations are defined by the WAVE system administrator and can be quickly updated and configured for individual users
- Each channel provides a list of all WAVE endpoints currently logged on along with their availability and an indicator if their location is known
- WAVE Web Communicator can inherit login credentials from the hosting website for fast, easy log-in
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Chrome 10 or higher
- Safari 5 or higher